FLORENCE HIGH SCHOOL
TECH LAB SAFETY CONTRACT 2016-2017
By enrolling in this class and with your signature and that of your parent/legal guardian, you agree to be bound by the conditions of this contract.
I, _____________________________________________________, understand that the technology lab is a unique classroom environment, and that my actions and behavior must be different than in other areas of the school. Therefore, I agree to the following standards of conduct.
1. I am responsible for my safe conduct in the lab at all times. This includes the wearing of safety glasses, appropriate clothing and footwear at all times while in the lab. If I have long hair, it is my responsibility to tie it back in the lab. I am also responsible to reporting any observed safety violations to the instructor immediately. I am responsible for reading and understanding all safety material and notices that are given to me by the instructor.
2. I will not operate any machine or equipment without a demonstration. If I am absent during a demonstration, I am responsible for arranging a demonstration with the instructor. I will ensure all guards are in place before operation. I will ask for help if I am unsure about the operation of any equipment. I will disconnect the power before making any adjustments. I will tell my instructor of any defective equipment immediately.
3. I will report all injuries to the instructor immediately.
4. I understand that cleanup will be 10 minutes before the end of the period with the possibility of a longer cleanup time on Fridays. I will not start cleanup early unless specified by the instructor. When it is time to cleanup, I will begin by putting my tools away, and cleaning my immediate work area. I will refer to the cleanup roster for my assigned duty. If I finish early, I will assist others as needed.
5. I understand that I am in a laboratory setting and thus have the freedom to move around the lab to get tools, materials and supplies without getting the permission of the instructor. However, with that freedom I understand that I have the following obligations:
A. I will not leave the lab without the express permission of the instructor, and will sign out before leaving.
B. I will not disturb other students while they are working. This includes wandering around the lab and engaging in casual conversation with those students.
C. I will not go into the tool room without the permission of the instructor.
6. I understand that immediately following the bell that signals class is beginning if I am not in the classroom ready for roll I am tardy.
7. Equipment that is broken by my negligence will be my responsibility to replace or pay for.
8. I understand that thievery or vandalism on my behalf will result in immediate disciplinary action and possible suspension/expulsion.
9. Unsafe practices in this class will result in immediate disciplinary action and will impact my grade.
10. I will not bring food, candy, drinks, shorts, NO HOODS, or music devices of any kind into the classroom or laboratory.
11. All work that I turn in will be my own. My cheating in class will cause me to fail that assignment. This particularly applies to plagiarism.
12. I will respect the rights and property of others.
13. I will abide by the rules and regulations of Florence High School.
14. I understand that I will pay a $20.00 lab fee which will cover the glue, sandpaper, nails, and safety glasses that I will use in class. This needs to be paid by September 9th.
I, ______________________________________, acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to the terms stated in the Florence High School Technology Safety Contract. I acknowledge that working in this shop class is a privilege. If I fail to adhere to the terms of this contract, I will expect that my grade will be impacted, and I may face disciplinary actions.
Student Name (Print)___________________________________
Student Signature______________________________________ Date____________
Parent/Guardian Name (Print)____________________________
Parent Guardian Signature_______________________________ Date____________