School Bond 2018 - Click for Information on What's Next!
Nov. 21st - Board canvass and certifies the vote at a Board Meeting
Dec. 4th - Board will hold Board Meeting to hear presentation from Consultants regarding RFQ's for project manager, architect, general contractors, a financial consultant regarding the sale of the bonds, and legalities involved in selling bonds. The Board will discuss the current Facilities Committee Membership and possibly increasing the membership on that committee.
Florence-Carlton School District Mission – “Florence-Carlton parents, school, and community will provide a safe, respectful environment that strives to prepare all students to become responsible, life-long learners by empowering them with the integrity, knowledge, and skills to contribute to a changing world.”
What your Vote Means!
- The design will achieve effective supervision of students.
- This project will decrease Operation and Maintenance costs by replacing temporary and aging classrooms that are requiring more maintenance than a permanent structure.
- Eliminating deferred maintenance costs associated with keeping the current modular structures.
- Bringing ventilation air up to meet building code requirements will provide a healthier learning environment.
- An upgraded electrical system to allow for the continued expansion of computer-related technologies.
- This project will provide our students with: new K-5 classrooms, a dedicated dining and assembly space that can also provide an additional multi-purpose space, new band, and choirs spaces, modern code-compliant locker rooms, and a health enhancement classroom space. New district kitchen, high school commons, new Career Technology Classroom space along with new district maintenance shops.